Maxol Ballycoolin Receives Honour in “Forecourt Best Food to Go Offering” Category
July 11th 2018: Maxol, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt and convenience retailer, has won a top accolade at the annual “Best in Fresh Awards” sponsored by Checkout Magazine for the Services at Ballycoolin. The ceremony took place last week at The Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin with over 250 top Irish retailers in attendance.
Maxol Ballycoolin was singled out as the winner in the “Forecourt Best Food To Go Offering” category. This category focuses purely on the forecourt, with particular focus placed on deli and hot-food-to-go. Retailers were also assessed on other fresh food categories within their stores.
The service station at Ballycoolin is the third largest in the Maxol network of 231 sites. Located in Dublin 15, on a 2.5-acre site, the Services were constructed in 2016 using a contemporary state of the art design. After a total investment of over €4m, Maxol Ballycoolin provides over 50 jobs in the area and offers well known food brands, Freshly Chopped, O’Brien’s Sandwich Cafe, Abrakebabra, and the Bagel Factory. The offering was further enhanced in May of this year, with the opening of Insomnia’s first drive-thru in Ireland. The Maxol Group works with Aramark, a global specialist in food service, as its licensee to operate the Maxol Ballycoolin site.
Commenting on the award, Brian Donaldson, CEO, The Maxol Group said;
“Receiving this award is a testament to the investment, innovation and hard work by everyone in Maxol and Aramark, our partners at Maxol Ballycoolin, who have worked with us to bring this site to a level of recognised excellence. It is so rewarding to be recognised by an industry standard organisation such as Checkout Magazine and it bestows real confidence in everyone at Maxol who is involved in every step of sourcing, preparing, and serving our range of fresh menu options.”
The annual Checkout Magazine ‘Best In Fresh’ awards initiative was established to recognise excellence in the sale of fresh produce throughout Ireland and is now in its twelfth year.
For media queries or to request an interview with Maxol:
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie
About the Maxol Group
- The MaxolGroup was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The Company Directors include members of the fourth generation of the McMullan family.
- Maxolmakes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The MaxolGroup had an annual turnover of €606m in 2017.
- The company employs, directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxolhas been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 231 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- Maxolwas voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services received Large Format Honourable Mention at the International Convenience Retailer of the Year Awards 2017.
- Maxol Ballycoolin Services won Forecourt Retailer of the Year 2017.
- Maxol A26 Tannaghmore in Northern Ireland won Best New Forecourt at the Neighbourhood Retailer Awards in 2017.
- Maxol Ballycoolin Services won “Forecourt Best Food-to-Go Offering” at Checkout Best in Fresh Awards 2018.