Caption: (L-R) Broadcaster Sarah McInerney performed MC duties at the Maxol Conference 2018, with former Ireland, Munster and international rugby player Paul O'Connell, who delivered the keynote address, and Brian Donaldson, CEO, the Maxol Group at the K Club, Co. Kildare.
Monday 23rd April 2018: Paul O’Connell, former Ireland, Munster and international rugby player who was capped 108 times for Ireland and served as captain of the Irish team from 2014 to 2016, delivered a keynote address at the Maxol retailer conference at the K Club in Co. Kildare, last Thursday. His speech focused on leadership, teamwork, creating a winning team, and motivation.
Maxol, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt and convenience retailer, hosted the event for retailers from more than 200 Maxol stations. Broadcaster Sarah McInerney performed MC duties at the he day long conference which centred on the theme of “Winning Tomorrow’s Customer Together”.
Later on, before the gala dinner, a drinks reception got the evening’s events underway. Entertainment was provided by well-known Irish comedian Barry Murphy and the Camembert Quartet.
Brian Donaldson, CEO, The Maxol Group said;
“I’m very pleased to welome Paul to be part of our retailer conference and the celebration of our expansion in recent years, and the successful development of our retail offer. What really strikes a chord, is the message from Paul on the importance of building a team culture, and types of behaviour that kick in to make the difference between winning or losing. Retail is all about detail, and winning customers is all down to giving great service and memorable experiences every day.”
For media queries, please contact:
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie
About the Maxol Group
- The MaxolGroup was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The Company Directors include members of the fourth generation of the McMullan family.
- Maxolmakes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The MaxolGroup had an annual turnover of €606m in 2017.
- The company employs, directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxolhas been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 231 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- Maxolwas voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services received Large Format Honourable Mention at the International Convenience Retailer of the Year Awards 2017.
- Maxol Ballycoolin Services won Forecourt Retailer of the Year 2017.
- Maxol A26 Tannaghmore in Northern Ireland won Best New Forecourt at the Neighbourhood Retailer Awards in 2017.