Caption: (L-R) Brian Donaldson, CEO The Maxol Group with Harry O’Kelly, CEO Insomnia Coffee Company at Maxol Ballycoolin where €350,000 was invested into an Insomnia drive thru for coffee lovers on the go!
12th April 2018: Maxol, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt and convenience retailer, recently invested €350,000 at Maxol Ballycoolin to create Ireland’s first dedicated drive-thru Insomnia coffee offering. The recently expanded new offer saw the employment rate increase to a total of 60.
Since opening in May 2017, Ballycoolin has already proven its consumer appeal as the winner of the Shelf Life Forecourt Retailer of the Year 2017. Located on the N3, on a 2.5-acre site, the services at Ballycoolin now also boast a Freshly Chopped, known for its fast, delicious made-to-order salads, in addition to O’Brien’s Sandwich Bar, the Bagel Factory, and Abrakebabra.
Commenting on the further investment into Freshly Chopped and the Insomnia Drive Thru at Ballycoolin, Brian Donaldson, CEO, The Maxol Group, said;
“Maxol Ballycoolin is our latest ‘food emporium’, which has been developed to offer an extensive range of meals for our customers. We have the best menu options for eating in-store, on the go, take home, free wi-fi, everyday grocery essentials and quality ingredients for home cooking. Our Insomnia Drive Thru is an innovative approach to giving our time poor customers, fast and efficient service, and quality coffee in the comfort of their vehicles. This is one of fourteen investments we are making in the first half of this year with the aim of maintaining our high standards of customer service and choice across our growing network of service stations. The total investment in our services in the first half of this year is over €6million. We will continue to invest in what our customers want from us, to create new concepts and experiences, and to provide quality service and wide-ranging restaurant quality and convenience food options.”
Harry O’Kelly, CEO, Insomnia Coffee Company said;
“At Insomnia we are thrilled to be opening our first ever Drive Thru store at Maxol, Ballycoolin, we are sure it will prove a really popular way for people to get their favourite coffee on the go. The drive-thru will also offer the brand’s full range of sandwiches, cakes and snacks and complements the Insomnia café already operating on site.”
The Maxol Group works with Aramark, a global specialist in food service, as its licensee to operate the Maxol Ballycoolin Services. Since its opening, the team has been led by Agnis Punculis, who manages the facilities. Maxol Ballycoolin also provides a MaxWash car wash facility, internal seating for 95 people, and parking for 50 vehicles. The development, offers the latest in forecourt design and has been constructed and fitted out using cutting edge technology to harness solar energy and rain water to ensure it has a low carbon footprint.
For media queries or to request an interview with Maxol:
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie
About the Maxol Group
- The MaxolGroup was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The Company Directors include members of the fourth generation of the McMullan family.
- Maxolmakes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The MaxolGroup had an annual turnover of €606m in 2017.
- The company employs, directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxolhas been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- Maxolwas voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services received Large Format Honourable Mention at the International Convenience Retailer of the Year Awards 2017.
- Maxol Ballycoolin Services won Shelf Life Forecourt Retailer of the Year 2017.
- Maxol A26 Tannaghmore in Northern Ireland won Best New Forecourt at the Neighbourhood Retailer Awards in 2017.