Pictured at the new Maxol Ballycoolin Services in North West Dublin were CEO, Maxol Group, Brian Donaldson and Agnis Punculis, Manager, Maxol Ballycoolin. Maxol has appointed Aramark, a global specialist in service solutions, as its licensee to operate the new Maxol Ballycoolin Services.
Maxol expands its network of large foodcourt-style forecourts
50 new jobs created
The Maxol Group, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt convenience retailer, has announced the opening of its third largest development in Ireland at Ballycoolin following the launch of Maxol M3 Mulhuddart last year.
Located on the N3 on a 2.5-acre site, the new services have been constructed using a contemporary design, similar to the state of the art facilities opened last month at A26 Tannaghmore Services, in Northern Ireland.
After an investment of over €4m, Maxol Ballycoolin Services provides 50 new jobs in the area and offers well known food brands, O’Brien’s Sandwich Cafe, Abrakebabra and the Bagel Factory. The offering will be further enhanced when the first drive-thru Starbucks opens at the site in the summer.
The Maxol Group has appointed Aramark, a global specialist in food service, as its licensee to operate the new Maxol Ballycoolin Services. The team will be led by Agnis Punculis, who will manage the new facilities.
Commenting on this latest achievement for the Maxol Group, Brian Donaldson, Chief Executive, said:
"Ballycoolin Services is our second site opening in two weeks and brings the number of large scale developments with a heavy focus on freshly prepared food with partner franchise brands to three locations in Ireland. Our move into this specialist sector of the forecourt channel started back in April 2016 at our award winning M3 Mulhuddart Services, which has proved to be extremely popular with our growing number of customers. We are delighted to be showcasing the latest food offers atBallycoolin from O'Brien's, Bagel Factory and Abrakebabra; and to announce the opening of our first drive-thru Starbucks in the summer, bringing great coffee to our customers.”
The opening of Maxol Ballycoolin Services also provides a Maxwash car wash facility, internal seating for 95 people, free Wi-Fi, and parking for 50 vehicles. The new 8,000 square foot development, offers the latest in forecourt design and it has been constructed and fitted out using cutting edge technology to harness solar energy and harvest rain water to ensure it has a low carbon footprint.
Note to Editors
For more information or to arrange an interview please contact:
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The fourth generation of the family is Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €551m in 2016
- The company employs more than 1,000 people, directly and indirectly across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Irelands Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.