Caption (L-R): Brian Donaldson, CEO, The Maxol Group with Thomas Ennis, Licensee, Maxol, Mespil Road mark the recent €330,000 investment in the store, which introduced Maxol’s new modern shop and the healthy food franchise Freshly Chopped.
13th April 2018: Maxol, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt and convenience retailer has extended its successful roll-out of the award-winning franchise Freshly Chopped and is pleased to introduce its ninth store at the newly refurbished service station at Mespil Road. This follows an investment of €330,000 and the creation of 6 new jobs, bringing the total number employed at the Maxol station to sixteen.
The refurbishment sees a modern shop with great quality coffee and also delicious healthy salads, soups, wraps and juices available from Freshly Chopped. The welcoming store allows people to do their top up shopping for the family dinner on their way home from work at one of the few service stations located in the heart of south Dublin city just off Baggot street. Maxol Mespil Road also provides a MaxWash car wash facility and is open twenty-four hours.
Brian Donaldson, CEO, The Maxol Group, said;
“Our Mespil Road service station is in a great location, situated on the canal, and it is very convenient to many workers, shoppers and commuters. The investment we have made in bringing Freshly Chopped is an added attraction to the great coffee, everyday grocery essentials and friendly customer service on offer. Our objective is to provide our customers with a great experience and to give a range of quality, healthy meal solutions for all times of the day in a friendly and welcoming environment. The initial response from customers has been excellent and in the coming weeks we will be running a series of special promotions.”
Thomas Ennis, licensee at Maxol, Mespil Road, said;
“This investment has helped support 6 new jobs to the service station which means that as always, we can keep the focus on our customers. It is fantastic that we can cater to the needs of our customers in this area, which has so many office workers, looking for something healthy and tasty at breakfast, lunch and in the evening. The addition of Freshly Chopped provides real quality and choice for our customers, giving Maxol Mespil Road, a real point of difference in the area.”
Four more Dublin based service stations within the Maxol service station network will benefit from added investment this year, at Adamstown, Ballycoolin, Harold’s Cross and Turvey, bringing the total investment in Dublin to over €2million in the first half of 2018.
For media queries or to request an interview with Maxol:
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie
About the Maxol Group
- The MaxolGroup was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The Company Directors include members of the fourth generation of the McMullan family.
- Maxolmakes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The MaxolGroup had an annual turnover of €606m in 2017.
- The company employs, directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxolhas been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- Maxolwas voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.
- MaxolM3 Mulhuddart Services received Large Format Honourable Mention at the International Convenience Retailer of the Year Awards 2017.
- Maxol Ballycoolin Services won Forecourt Retailer of the Year 2017.
- Maxol A26 Tannaghmore in Northern Ireland won Best New Forecourt at the Neighbourhood Retailer Awards in 2017.