Brian Donaldson, incoming CEO of The Maxol Group; Brian Lee, MD Chopped; Bobby Kerr, chairman of Insomnia Coffee Company; Alex Banahan, Mace and Jarlath Connolly, operations manager of Supermacs
Company’s largest station to date to offer best of Irish quality food brands
12th April 2016: Maxol, Ireland’s leading forecourt convenience retailer, has announced the addition of a number of Irish food franchises at its new Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services in North West Dublin.
Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services welcomes healthy food company Chopped to its first ever forecourt experience, and an exclusive for Maxol. The company also sees the unveiling of its first Insomnia café at the brand new site. Leading Irish brand Supermacs will also feature as part of the extensive food offering as well as the company’s own fresh food brand Moreish Fresh Food at Maxol. The result is a comprehensive and balanced food offering, tailored to meet the needs of every consumer.
Maxol has joined with experienced forecourt food retailers, Donal & Liam Fitzpatrick of Junction 14, who will operate the new Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services.
Brian Donaldson, Maxol’s Group General Manager and incoming CEO said: “Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services will really showcase the best of Ireland’s home grown talent and food service brands making it a fantastic achievement for us and for everyone involved. The opening of Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services is a milestone for Maxol. We’ve invested over €6 million in our brand new, state-of-the-art site and are very excited about the imminent big reveal.
“Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services will be a full destination site and our new franchises will greatly enhance our existing award-winning offer. We’re delighted to welcome Chopped, Insomnia and Supermacs to the Maxol family alongside our own Moreish café. It just means more choice for customers who choose to take some time out but we’re also retaining the important convenience basket shop offer under our symbol partners Mace.”
The opening of Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services follows a €6 million investment on a 2.5 acre site. The new development will offer the latest in forecourt design, a fully equipped truck stop and parking for 80+ vehicles.
Notes to Editors
For more information or to arrange an interview please contact:
About The Maxol Group
· The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
· Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
· The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €640m in 2015.
· The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
· Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
· Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
· The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 30 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
· In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
· In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.