Pictured: Aoife Kearney, Food Concepts Manager at Maxol
New ‘Food-to-go’ range and Coeliac options
Maxol, Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt and convenience retailer has announced its 2017 plans for Moreish, the company’s fresh food offering, based on growing trends in the food industry and consumer feedback. This includes the launch of a new Moreish signature sandwich range with a greater focus on healthier foods, gluten-free options, and the introduction of a new range of pre-packed sandwiches.
The new Moreish range has been created to cater for emerging food trends, which includes a growing demand for tasty and innovative quick serve solutions, increased customisation and a bigger focus on health and wellness by consumers.
Aoife Kearney, Food Concepts Manager at Maxol, commented on the plans for the company, “In this world of hyper-convenience, food to go is one of the key food trends in the marketplace. As consumers navigate their everyday demanding busy lives, they are looking for quick and easy food solutions. At Maxol, we believe that just because a customer’s day is busy, it doesn’t mean they should have to compromise on quality, choice or flavour. To cater for the growing needs of our customers we are introducing a new made to order signature sandwich offer and a high quality pre-packed Moreish sandwich and salad range in 2017.
A new gluten free choice is a further addition to the Moreish range, with more and more people choosing to lead a gluten free lifestyle whether by necessity or by choice.
Aoife continued, “The gluten-free trend will influence our approach for the year ahead, including a gluten-free sandwich range as part of our new Moreish pre-pack selection. We look forward to an exciting year ahead, full of innovation, as we continue to develop our Moreish food brand.”
For further information on Maxol’s Moreish brand, visit www.moreish.ie.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.