Maxol’s very first auto24 service station in the Republic of Ireland has just celebrated its 250,000thcustomer with prizes of hotel breaks, fuel top ups, car washes and lots of fun activity on site.
In June 2014, Maxol opened its first auto24 service station in the Republic of Ireland on the Coast Road in Sutton, Dublin 13, which was based on the same successful model that was in operation at Maxol’s four auto24 stations at the time in Northern Ireland.
In just over a year, the facility is proving hugely popular with 250,000 customers already availing of the pay-at-pump service.
Maxol’s Head of Retail and Marketing, Dermot O’Toole was on hand to surprise the 250,000th customer with a EUR100 fuel voucher and a hotel break at a choice of top hotel destinations in Ireland:
“We’re delighted with the success of auto24 Sutton and to be in this position where we can bring aninnovative fuel solution to motorists in Ireland. Aside from reaching this milestone in just over a year, we’ve recently opened our second auto24 at Trinity Street in Wexford, due to customer demand.
"The sites allow us to provide motorists with petrol and diesel on a 24 hour basis allowing motorists to fill up at a time that best suits them. A large part of our customer base has been parents with kids in the car and workers on the go. We also have a great car wash here which is also very popular.”
The opening of Maxol’s second auto24 station in the Republic of Ireland in Wexford brings the company’s network of automated service stations across Ireland to 8.
For more information on the network and to keep in the loop with future giveaways, visit www.maxolauto24.com
For further information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €641m in 2014.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.