Pictured left to right at the official launch of Maxol Donabate last Friday was Dermot O’Toole Head of Retail and Marketing, Gerard Ralph Maxol Donabate licensee, well known Dublin footballer Ciaran Whelan, and Fergal Ralph Maxol Donabate licensee.
Maxol, Ireland’s leading forecourt and convenience retailer celebrated the official launch opening at Maxol Donabate, Hearse Road in North Dublin last Friday.
The Maxol team had plenty of activities in store at the recently opened station, with DJ Ray Shah, face painting and balloon modelling for the little ones. Well-known food blogger Melanie May from I Love Cooking sampled from the Moreish menu and a full barista coffee selection was on offer at Bewleys.Customers on the day had the chance to spin the Maxol prize wheel and enter other competitions with DJ Shah with some great prizes up for grabs.
Maxol Donabate presents a new experience to customers, which sees the introduction of popular Irish coffee franchise Bewleys along with Maxol’s own fresh food brand Moreish. Customers can kick back and relax in the bright and comfortable food court with complimentary Wi-Fi and Maxol radio playing a selection of great music.
Further onsite facilities include a top spec soft brush car wash, solid fuel depot and internal hi-spec washrooms with baby changing facilities. Since opening its doors in May 2015, Maxol Donabate has proved a huge hit with commuting and local customers every week. The €2 million investment has created 25 full and part time jobs which has been a huge boost to the local area.
Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, The Maxol Group commented:
“We are delighted to see such a great turnout today to celebrate the official launch of Maxol Donabate, which has already shown to be of huge benefit to the local area. This investment has been part of a significant overall investment in the Leinster area by the Maxol Group, the aim of which is to offer our customers first class service, a great forecourt experience and a delicious food offering.”
Speaking at the launch Fergal Ralph, Maxol Donabate licensee said:
‘The opening of Maxol Donabate has been a huge highlight for the group, and I am very proud to be part of it. It is great for both the community in terms of supporting employment but also in the provision of excellent products and services to both locals and visitors alike. Our vision was to create a superb convenience destination for everyone, whether they want to refuel, relax with a cup of coffee and a bite to eat, or simply pick up some groceries in the well-stocked Maxol Mace convenience store.”
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 227 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey