Moreish at Maxol Ardcavan hosts first workshop
Moreish, which is Maxol’s new fresh food brand has commenced a series of children’s healthy cookery workshops at its café outlets across the country. The first workshop took place in the Moreish café at Maxol Ardcavan at the weekend, with 27 local children in attendance.
The purpose of the workshops is to teach children key cookery skills and to encourage children to look at healthier options when it comes to choosing ingredients. The children enjoy a practical workshop, each with their own workstation and are taught numerous techniques including measuring, weighing and cooking on the hob while following recipes for healthy flapjacks and summer berry smoothies.
The workshops are held in conjunction with Kater4Kidz, which specialises in educating children about healthy eating and food skills. Speaking about the inaugural workshop, Mary Harte of Kater4Kidz commented: “I’m thrilled to be part of this fantastic initiative with Moreish at Maxol, which really works to instill confidence in children when it comes to cooking for themselves. We want to encourage children to make the right decisions when choosing foods and to look for the healthier options. These workshops give the children an opportunity to understand some of the reasons why and to develop their food skills while having fun.”
Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, the Maxol Group added: “We’re very happy with the turnout for the first day of our children’s healthy cookery workshops, it really shows there is a high level of interest among parents for their children to learn more about cooking and food and of course it’s great fun too. The initiative ties in perfectly with our Moreish ‘Fresh Food at Maxol’ brand, which is all about heathier alternatives and fresh, tasty ingredients – all of which are available in-store at Maxol Mace. We look forward to our next workshop and encourage customers to visit our website to find out when Mary might be visiting their local Moreish store.”
Mary’s next workshop will take place at Moreish, Maxol Portarlington on Friday 27th November from 3pm to 6pm. For further information, visit www.maxol.ie/moreish .
For media information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €641m in 2014.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.