L-R Maxol's new CEO Brian Donaldson with Directors Barry and Malcolm McMullan and licensees Donal and Liam Fitzpatrick.
Ireland’s leading family owned forecourt convenience retailer, The Maxol Group celebrated the official launch of its largest service station at Maxol M3 Mulhuddart. Maxol’s company Directors, contractors, trade partners and licensees of Mulhuddart, Donal & Liam Fitzpatrick were among 50 guests to attend the launch event.
Maxol Mulhuddart is the company’s largest service station in almost 100 years of company history. Since opening recently in early April, the business at Mulhuddart has taken off, with an average of 30,000 customers visiting the service station each week.
Located on the N3, the €6 million investment created 84 jobs in the Mulhuddart area. The 2.5 acre site offers a modern forecourt design and includes Irish food franchises such as Chopped, Supermacs & Insomnia as well as Maxol’s own food brand, Moreish Fresh Food at Maxol.
Maxol’s newly appointed CEO, Brian Donaldson, commented, "Today marks a milestone for Maxol as we are celebrating the launch of our largest ever service station and latest in-store food offers with many of those who played a key role in its evolution, including members of the McMullan family.
“Maxol Mulhuddart has already proved a big hit with commuters and locals in the weeks since opening. A lot of hard work went into establishing a unique service station that has become a new destination and offers our customers a wide range of convenient food offerings in modern and attractive surroundings. We are really excited about the road ahead and look forward to meeting old and new customers along the way.”
Further celebrations took place for all customers on Saturday at Maxol Mulhuddart with plenty of activities to keep all the family entertained, from the ‘wobbly circus’, live music from DJ Ray Shah, to face painters and balloon modelling. On the day, Maxol customers had a chance to win some fantastic prizes and took advantage of in-store promotional offers.
For more information, check out www.maxol.ie.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 230 service stations, of which 107 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey