Best New C-Store Format: David Coffey, Marketing & Innovation Manager from PostPoint presents Maxol Mace, M3 Mulhuddart in Dublin 15 with the Best New Convenience Store Format/Concept Award
Maxol’s strengthened presence in Ireland this year has been recognised with two top awards at ShelfLife’s National C-Store Awards 2016.
The big winners were Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services in Dublin, which took home the award for Best New C-Store Concept and Maxol MACE, Newport Road, Westport, Co. Mayo, which was awarded Bronze in the Forecourt Retailer of the Year category.
The awards, in their 16th year, took place on 23rd November at Dublin’s Ballsbridge Hotel. 350 guests were welcomed from across the industry where a total of 35 awards were presented, all celebrating the industry’s finest stores and people in a diverse range of categories.
The C-Store Awards are the only comprehensive and independently judged business accolades for the convenience store sector.
Speaking about the latest accolades for Maxol, Brian Donaldson, CEO said, “It has been an extremely busy year for the retail team in Maxol and these two awards are great recognition for our latest concepts and investments at Mulhuddart and Westport.
“I would like to congratulate our independent retailers, Donal and Liam Fitzpatrick of Mulhduddart and Padraic Delaney of Newport Road and their staff in delivering a first class customer experience at each of these locations. It is particularly special to receive awards such as these from your peers and gives everyone involved with Maxol a real sense of achievement. This latest success reaffirms Maxol as an innovative leader in the Irish forecourt convenience sector. We’re looking forward to what 2017 will bring.”
For further information on Maxol, visit www.maxol.ie.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 111 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.