€2 from every Maxol carwash will go to Make-A-Wish Ireland
The Maxol Group is delighted to announce the return of 'Wash for Wishes' carwash fundraising campaign, as part of the company's charity partnership with Make-A-Wish Ireland. 'Wash for Wishes' Carwash Week will run from 30th September until 7th October.
This is the third holding of ‘Wash for Wishes’ and with considerable awareness of this initiative, Maxol aims to surpass the €10,000 figure raised previously and is encouraging motorists to avail of Maxol carwash facilities at participating service stations in the knowledge that €2 from every carwash will be donated directly to Make-A-Wish Ireland.
All funds raised will help Make-A-Wish to reach their 2015 target of granting 175 wishes which is a 29% increase on last year.
Speaking at the launch, Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, The Maxol Group commented, "Maxol is proud to work with the Make-A-Wish Foundation as the company's ongoing charity partner for 2015. To date we are delighted to say we have raised an incredible €160,000 for the foundation. The generosity of our customers is always phenomenal and ‘Wash For Wishes’ continues to be one of our key campaigns for the charity. We want to stress that every donation made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation goes towards granting the wish of a child in Ireland with a life-threatening medical condition."
Susan O'Dwyer, CEO of Make-A-Wish Ireland also attended the launch, "Thank you to Maxol and to its customers for once again supporting Wash for Wishes carwash week for this wonderful charity. Each and every one of you will be making an enormous difference to a number of children living with a life-threatening medical condition by helping us to continue granting wishes.”
Having a wish granted can be a life changing experience for a child that struggles with a life-threatening medical condition. The wish experience can have a positive impact on the physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing of a child.
‘Wash For Wishes' carwash week is the perfect time to spruce up your wheels and to do your bit to help make a child's wish come true. Participating service stations are listed on www.maxol.ie/maxwash and will display 'Wash For Wishes' advertisements on their forecourts.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
Notes to Editor:
About Make A Wish Ireland
Make A Wish Ireland has one simple aim - to grant the wishes of children aged between 3 and 17 years living with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. A wish granted is true magic for the child, providing respite from their normal routines of hospitals, doctors and treatment.
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 230 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.