Pictured at the launch of the Maxol and Aware Christmas candle was Gerry O’Brien, Head of Fundraising and Business Development Aware, Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager Maxol and 6th year students from Loreto College Stephens Green.
Leading forecourt and convenience retailer Maxol, today announced the launch of the Maxol and Aware Christmas candle, which are now available at all Maxol locations nationwide.
The perfect stocking filler, the high quality, Irish-made candle is for sale for just €4.00 at Maxol till-points across the country and all proceeds will go towards the company’s charity partner, Aware.
With more than 450,000 people experiencing depression in Ireland, Aware’s message is one of hope; with support and information, recovery is possible.
Gerry O’Brien, Head of Fundraising and Business Development at Aware said,
“We are thrilled that Maxol is supporting us with this initiative. The candle is a simple idea that reminds us of the light of hope in dark times. We hope that Maxol customers will support this campaign and help spread the light of hope this Christmas and beyond.”
Dermot O’Toole, Head of Retail & Marketing, the Maxol Group added:
“We are delighted to be supporting Aware with the sale of this high quality Christmas candle. Mental health is an on-going struggle for a lot of people in Ireland, but the good news is that organisations like Aware are there to help. I have no doubt that our loyal customers will support this worthwhileinitiative this Christmas and pick up one of these lovely candles for their homes.”
The charity partnership will run until at least the end of 2017. It will support the range and level of important services delivered by Aware in the Republic of Ireland and Aware NI in Northern Ireland.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 111 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
About Aware – Aware is the national organisation providing support, education and information services around depression and bipolar disorder. Founded in 1985 the organisation now offers:
Support Groups* | 38 locations nationwide | 12,600 visits each year
Support Line | FREEPHONE 1800 80 48 48 | open 365 days a year, 10am-10pm | 11,000 calls each year
Beat the Blues | Schools talk | Life Skills 6-session programme | Online programme | c. 30,000 students each year
Life Skills | Group – Nationwide | Online | 2,500 participants each year
Wellness@Work | Positive Mental Health at Work | 136 sessions nationwide | 3,000 employees each year
Aware website | 285,000 unique visits, p.a.
Aware lectures | 173,000 views, p.a.