Maxol has announced a further planned expansion of its network in the Greater Dublin area. Following a competitive tender process, Maxol has signed an Asset Purchase Agreement with Topaz to acquire three service stations located on the Naas Road, Kill, Co.Kildare; Greenhills Road, Greenhills, Dublin 12 and the junction of the Naas Road and the Long Mile Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, all of which were formerly owned by Esso. A mergers notification has been submitted to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC).
Commenting on this latest significant development for Maxol, Brian Donaldson, the incoming Group Chief Executive said:
“Maxol is delighted to have the opportunity to add these three quality locations to its ever-expanding service station network. We have been keen to strengthen our presence in the Leinster area and these three stations will allow Maxol to serve a great many new customers in Ireland’s most densely populated region. It also complements the other four locations that we’ve been developing of late. We opened a new outlet in Dundalk in October last year and, only in the last few days; we opened our biggest station ever, on the M3 near Mulhuddart. We’ll be opening in Donabate before the end of this month and we have started construction on another site in Ballycoolin, Dublin, which will be completed by the end of the year.
“The future for Maxol is exciting as our current expansion strategy continues apace throughout the entire island of Ireland. Of course, the service station business today is about much more than motor fuel, it’s about the entire customer experience. In that regard, all of our new developments include a high quality convenience and fresh food offering aimed at those who want to drop in for a coffee and a snack, or something more substantial.
“We look forward to the outcome of the current CCPC process and to making further announcements on our expansion plans across Ireland in the very near future.”
For media queries or to request an interview:
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.