Left to right: Paul Cummins of Seachange with Winners Agnis Agnis Puinculs and Kate Stepowsa of Maxol Mace Ballycoolin
This is one of the most coveted awards in the convenience store business, and the only independently judged awards programme for the sector that recognises and rewards retailing excellence.
Located on the N3 on a 2.5-acre site, Maxol Ballycoolin offers the very latest in contemporary forecourt design and convenience following a recent €4 million investment. The food offering is tailored to meet the needs of every customer with a wide variety of freshly prepared food from Abrakebabra, the Bagel Factory, O'Brien's Sandwich Cafe, to the soon-to-be launched Freshly Chopped, and Insomnia.
Maxol appointed Aramark, the global specialist in food services, to operate the new services under licence. The team is led by Mark Cribbin, Regional Manager, Aramark and Agnis Punclus, Manager, Maxol Ballycoolin. Brian Donaldson, CEO, Maxol, commented on the win,
"Ballycoolin Services which opened in May of this year, brought the number of large scale developments, with a strong focus on freshly prepared food with partner franchise brands, to three locations throughout Ireland. Our move into this specialist sector of the forecourt channel started back in April 2016 at our award winning M3 Mulhuddart Services, which has proven to be extremely popular with our growing number of customers. Similar state of the art facilities also opened at A26 Tannaghmore Services, in Northern Ireland, in May this year. I would like to congratulate Mark Cribbin and his dedicated team in Aramark for reaching the highest standard of service in these awards. They truly place customers at the centre of the retail experience and make every visit memorable, which has been invaluable to growing the business from a greenfield site to one of our most modern and busiest sites in Ireland.”
Speaking after claiming the prize Mark said,
“This is a fantastic achievement and a testament to the hard work of our team. We strive for operational excellence every day and we are delighted to be recognised by the C-Store Awards. This award underlines the incredibly high standards provided by the Aramark team here in Ballycoolin and the significant investment that has been made by Maxol in developing a state of the art forecourt experience.”
Commenting on the award, Agnis said,
“This award is one of the highest accolades in the industry and the competition was at an incredible standard, so it’s brilliant to feature on the shortlist let alone win! A lot of hard work went into the site this year and this award gives us all a great boost of energy to continue working even harder as a team focused on delighting our customers.”
Maxol Ballycoolin Services also provides a maxWash car wash facility, internal seating for 95 people, free Wi-Fi, and parking for 50 vehicles. The 8,000-square foot development, offers the latest in forecourt design and it has been constructed and fitted out using cutting edge technology to harness solar energy and harvest rain water to ensure it has a low carbon footprint.
For further information contact
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family is Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €551m in 2016.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 115 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services in south Dublin won ‘Best Forecourt in Ireland’ at Irelands Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2016.
- Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services received Large Format Honourable Mention at the International Convenience Retailer of the Year Awards 2017.
- Maxol A26 Tannaghmore won “Forecourt of the Year (1750sq ft+)” at Neighbourhood Retailer Awards October 2017.
About Aramark NE
Aramark is a leading integrated services supplier of facilities management, food, property and energy services in Ireland. Aramark employs over 16,000 people throughout Northern Europe. Aramark is recognised among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute.