Pictured left to right at the official launch of Maxol Castlebar last Thursday was Ger Mullahy, Maxol site manager, Mayo ladies football team captain Cora Staunton, Dermot O’Toole Head of Retail and Marketing, Tom Meehan Maxol Castlebar licensee and Bobby Kerr Insomnia.
Maxol, Ireland’s leading forecourt and convenience retailer celebrated the official launch opening at Maxol Station Road, Castlebar on Thursday.
The Maxol team had plenty of activities in store at the recently opened station, including a live broadcast by Mid-West Radio from the forecourt, face painting and balloon modelling for the little ones.
Well-known food blogger Melanie May from I Love Cooking sampled from Maxol’s own fresh food brand ‘Moreish’ menu and a full barista coffee selection was on offer at Insomnia. Fuel customers availed of a free lunch from Moreish and customers had the chance to spin the Maxol prize wheel and enter other competitions.
Maxol Castlebar presents a new experience to customers, which sees the introduction of popular Irish food franchise Insomnia along with Maxol’s own fresh food brand Moreish. Customers can kick back and relax in the bright and comfortable food court with complimentary Wi-Fi and Maxol radio playing a selection of great music. Further onsite facilities include internal hi-spec washrooms with baby changing facilities.
The Maxol Group recently announced its €2 million investment in Castlebar and Westport. 20 jobs have been created in Castlebar in the areas of retail supervisors, shop sales assistants and deli sales.
Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, The Maxol Group commented:
“We are thrilled to see such a fantastic turn out today to celebrate the official launch of Maxol Castlebar which introduces our first Moreish and Insomnia outlet to County Mayo. Maxol is investing to meet our customers needs and creating fifty new jobs here in Castlebar and at Newport Road, Westport, which opens later this month.”
Speaking at the launch Tom Meehan, Maxol Castlebar licensee said:
‘The opening of Maxol Station Road’s new store is a fantastic addition to the local community and I’m proud to be at the heart of it. It is great in terms of supporting employment but also in the provision of excellent products and services to both locals and visitors alike. Our vision was to create a superb convenience destination for everyone, whether they want to refuel, relax with a cup of coffee and a bite to eat, or simply pick up some groceries in the well-stocked Maxol Mace convenience store.”
Maxol Castlebar has proved a popular destination with the community and is open early till late seven days.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 227 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey