Maxol has been cleared by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) for the acquisition of three service stations located on the Naas Road, Kill, Co.Kildare; Greenhills Road, Greenhills, Dublin 12 and the junction of the Naas Road and the Long Mile Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, all of which were formerly owned by Esso.
The latest additions to the Maxol network will see the company grow to 230 service stations across the country, with 7 new sites in Leinster alone this year, as part of a significant expansion plan.
Commenting on this latest achievement for Maxol, Brian Donaldson, the incoming Group Chief Executive said:
“This year is particularly exciting for Maxol as the success of our expansion strategy is evident in our multiple site openings of late and those in the pipeline. We are delighted to now add these three quality Leinster locations to our growing service station network from 1st July.
“We have been keen to strengthen our presence in Leinster and these three stations will allow Maxol to serve a great many new customers in Ireland’s most densely populated region. It also complements the other four locations that we’ve recently been developing. We opened a new outlet in Dundalk in October last year and opened our largest station to date in North Dublin near Mulhuddart in April, a true milestone for us. In recent weeks we opened Maxol Donabate and we’ve also started construction on another 2 acre site in Ballycoolin, Dublin, which will be completed by the end of the year.
“The future for Maxol represents even more exciting developments and investment right across the country as we continue with our innovative approach to forecourt convenience retailing.“We look forward to making further announcements on our plans for these three new Leinster sites in the very near future.”
For media queries or to request an interview:
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 227 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.