Maxol invests over €1 Million in Five New Stores
Leading family owned forecourt convenience retailer Maxol has announced a €1,100,000 investment in five stores located at Mitchelstown and Tivoli in Cork, Ardcavan in Wexford, Tipperary and Portarlington, taking place from May to August of this year.
Each store will be remodelled to the newly designed format from Maxol and Mace and will feature a Moreish café/deli, Maxol’s own fresh food brand. The new store format presents customers with a bright, contemporary and comfortable environment for convenience and fresh food shopping or relaxing in the café. The completion of the stores in the coming months will bring the total of Moreish cafes to 22 in the Maxol network.
Commenting on the considerable store investment, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said,
“We are investing to improve our customers’ experience and since 2012, we have given 185 Maxol service stations a new look & makeover and constructed 21 new ones with more in the pipeline. Today’s consumers have unprecedented choice and we are positioning Maxol to meet their needs through the provision of exceptional facilities, standards, customer service and value for money on our forecourts, in our stores and in our Moreish cafes. By doing this we hope to continue our business growth and to develop long lasting relationships with our customers all across Ireland”.
Moreish offers an extensive hot and cold deli menu for all times of the day, an exclusive range of speciality sandwiches, low calorie salads and healthy treats and both barista and self-serve coffee and speciality teas. Internal hi-spec washrooms with baby changing facilities will be added along with complimentary Wi-Fi and the ambience enhanced by Maxol radio.
Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland and the company now has a network of over 232 stations, 102 of which are company owned. For further information on Maxol and Moreish, visit www.maxol.ie.
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are now among the Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 232 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 18 Maxol service stations and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.