The Maxol Group’s expansion plans are going from strength to strength, as the company has announced the planned opening of its latest new convenience destination at Dublin Road in Dundalk will take place on 13th October. Situated opposite the Dundalk Institute of Technology, this is the Group’s 5th new site opening in just 6 months, and 22nd in just two years, as part of its extensive investment and expansion plans in Ireland.
This latest addition to the Group’s impressive portfolio represents an investment of around €2 million by Maxol and will creat more than 25 new jobs for the area.
The opening of the new convenience destination at Dublin Road reflects, amongst other influences, the growing demand from local students for a full comprehensive service offering.
It will feature the company’s award-winning fresh food Moreish concept, which is the Group’s 21st state-of-the-art Moreish café to be introduced to date in the space of just 5 months. This will include a contemporary seating area, high spec washrooms as well as complimentary Wi-Fi within the Maxol Mace convenience store. A drive through car wash and pay at pump facilities providing diesel 24 hours are also available.
Commenting on the imminent opening of the new service station, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said:
“We’re very excited to announce the opening date for Maxol Dublin Road in Dundalk and look forward to bringing a comprehensive retail and service offering to the local area and to motorists on the go. This is our fifth opening in six months, with more planned, and reflects our significant investment in Ireland over the last 24 months, in terms of new site developments and refits of existing sites.
“The new location at Dublin Road is the perfect fit for our latest new forecourt concept and we look forward to welcoming local students, residents and of course commuters to our latest Maxol convenience destination, situated at the heart of the community in Dundalk.”
Maxol’s new convenience destination at Dublin Road brings the number of Maxol stations in Ireland to 236. Over the last 24 months Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland which has resulted in the opening of 22 new service stations and the rollout out of its new forecourt image to over 190 stations.
For further information on job opportunities at the new Maxol service station at Dublin Road visit www.maxol.ie.
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 21 Maxol service stations and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- In 2015, Maxol won the award Best Oil Company Initiative for its fresh food concept, Moreish, as part of the IF&CR Awards.