The Maxol Group is delighted to announce the company successfully raised €15,000 for Make-A-Wish Ireland this month following its “Wash for Wishes” Carwash Week initiative, an incredible 50% increase on last year.
This was the third holding of ‘Wash for Wishes’ across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and the increase in funds raised is evidence of the growing awareness of this initiative, which sees €2 from every carwash donated directly to Make-A-Wish Ireland during the dedicated week.
These funds raised will help Make-A-Wish to reach their 2015 target of granting 175 wishes which is a 29% increase on last year.
Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, The Maxol Group commented, "We are over the moon with this result and the success of the initiative and are again overwhelmed by the generosity of our customers. These latest funds raised means that Maxol is very close to reaching €200,000 in funds raised for Make-A-Wish. We are very proud of this phenomenal achievement, of the efforts of our staff and of the support from our customers in every community."
Susan O'Dwyer, CEO of Make-A-Wish Ireland expressed her delight at the success of the campaign, "Thank you to Maxol and to its customers for once again supporting Wash for Wishes carwash week for this wonderful charity. This really does make an enormous difference to a number of children living with a life-threatening medical condition by helping us to continue granting wishes.”
Having a wish granted can be a life changing experience for a child that struggles with a life-threatening medical condition. The wish experience can have a positive impact on the physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing of a child.
Pictured at Maxol, Sandyford Road: Martin King, Make-A-Wish ambassador at the launch of Maxol’s ‘Wash for Wishes’
For further information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
Notes to Editor:
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €641m in 2014.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- ·In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.