Pictured at Maxol Castletroy: Licensee Tom Duggan (left) with members of staff Jane Walsh, Derek Domlewski, Juliann Power, Seamus Moroney & Daniel Cebernik who along with customers raised over €2,300.00 for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Maxol Castletroy has been very busy of late, recently launching its new-look forecourt following extensive refurbishment, while also working hard to raise important funds for Maxol’s official charity partner Make-A-Wish-Foundation. The Maxol staff had their aprons on and rolling pins out as they rustled up home-baked goods, which they sold in-store for this worthwhile cause.
Maxol staff and customers both helped make a huge difference on the day by collecting generous donations in the forecourt and selling tickets for a draw, where customers were in with a chance to win loads of goodies. Even Santa Claus found himself at the heart of it at Maxol Castletroy as he stopped by for a well-deserved fuel break.
In total, everyone that was involved helped raise over €2,300 for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
Speaking about the fundraising events, Tom Duggan, licensee at Maxol Castletroy said, “I want to thank everyone who gave up their free time to come to visit us at Maxol Castletroy in December. Christmas is always such a busy time and for our brilliant staff and loyal customers to put their own personal time and effort into something that really matters just shows what the Christmas spirit is really about.
“Being at the heart of the community is what matters most to Maxol and this was really transparent over the weekend, well done to everyone again on making a difference for a fantastic charity.”
Susan O’Dwyer, Chief Executive, Make-A-Wish commented, “ As Make-a-Wish relies entirely on the kindness of the public and companies such as Maxol. With Maxol’s help this year, we have continued, and will continue to make a difference in the lives of medically ill children.”
For further information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
Elizabeth Fearns – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €641m in 2014.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.