Maxol Sandyford license Tony Harnett, Model Agneta Crean, Group Brand Development Manager Fergal Harrington and Melanie May Moreish Food Ambassador at the Maxol Moreish lunch time event at Maxol Sandyford.
Leading Irish family owned forecourt convenience retailer Maxol is rolling out a new fresh food menu in its Moreish cafes & delis across the country. The new menu is aimed at satisfying customers looking for a new, tasty and healthier fresh food destination. Moreish ‘Fresh Food at Maxol’ offers an extensive hot and cold deli menu for all times of the day, an exclusive range of speciality sandwiches, low calorie salads and healthy treats and freshly ground premium bean coffee and speciality teas.
The new Moreish menu is being launched at a time when considerable focus in Ireland is being placed on the importance of taking a healthier approach to what we eat.
At a lunchtime special event in Maxol Sandyford, the Moreish staff were accompanied by Melanie May of well-known food blog ‘Ilovecooking.ie’, who conducted food demonstrations, and offered tips to hundreds of customers for choosing healthy and delicious lunches, a key focus of Maxol’s Moreish fresh food offering.
The new-look Moreish café at Maxol Sandyford is part of Maxol’s on going €50 million investment in its network of stores and forecourts and is one of 30 Moreish locations across Ireland.
Speaking at the official launch of Moreish at Maxol Sandyford, Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager commented, “At Maxol, we are constantly striving to improve our customer offering and for us, an important step is addressing the need for fresher, healthier alternatives when it comes to our food menu.
“People are looking for convenience when they visit our stores, and today more than ever,fresh and healthy choices are an absolute must and we believe we have found the perfect healthy balance in our new Moreish menus. It’s great to see such a fantastic turnout today and people are clearly enjoying our new range.”
Melanie May, food expert with Ilovecooking.ie commented, “We’re delighted to be part of this initiative with Maxol and Moreish, and we’re very impressed with the variety of healthy and delicious fresh food options on the new Moreish menu. It’s great to see Maxol and Moreish paving the way to a much fuller menu with plenty of healthy alternatives.”
The next Moreish launch events are planned for Clonakilty in County Cork, Waterford (Kingsmeadow and Dunmore Road) and Kilkenny in the coming weeks.
For further information please contact:
Fiona Thornton – Prior Communications
T: 01 662 7111 or 086 892 8277
Notes to Editor:
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €641m in 2014.
- The company employs directly and indirectlymorethan 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The newfoodbrandMoreish–FreshFoodat Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.