Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager Maxol, James Cluskey, Irish Professional Tennis player and Parks Tennis enthusiasts pictured at Shankill tennis club.
Leading forecourt convenience retailer Maxol has today announced its sponsorship of Parks Tennis for the second consecutive year.
Parks Tennis invites tennis lovers under the age of 17 to enjoy a summer fuelled with tennis fun at their local Parks Tennis Club. The initiative started in Dublin 39 years ago, and now employs 330 coaches in 150 venues nationwide in which 25,000 youngsters are enrolled.
The sporting programme was specifically designed for young people to enjoy and learn about the game at an affordable price.
Speaking about Maxols sponsorship of Parks Tennis, Fergal Harrington, Group Brand Development Manager, Maxol commented:
“With over 230 Maxol stations situated in the North and South of Ireland, The Maxol Group plays a key part by ‘being at the heart’ of local communities across the country. Maxol is now in its second year of supporting The Parks Tennis programme. This initiative gives youngsters the opportunity to be part of a unique platform full of fun, which essentially paves the way for them to perform well individually or as part of a team”.
Well-known Irish professional tennis player James Cluskey helped launch the Maxol sponsorship:
“Thanks to Parks Tennis, I fell in love with tennis from a very young age. I have fond memories of learning the skill set of the game, and I made some great friends along my way. To play tennis professionally was a dream come true, and I would encourage children around the country to give tennis a shot, it is a fantastic sport to be part of”.
Parks Tennis Ireland is a non-profit making company in operation for 39 years, run by 28 volunteers and supported by various organisations, such as Sports Ireland, the National Governing body, Tennis Ireland, and various local authorities. For more information log onto www.parkstennis.com
To be in for a chance to win places at Park’s Tennis check out www.maxol.ie and Maxol’s facebook page.
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 230 service stations, of which 107 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey