Leading forecourt convenience retailer Maxol has confirmed plans to open a new service station at Southend in Dundalk, Co. Louth opposite the Dundalk Institute of Technology. This expansion represents an investment of around €2 million by Maxol and will create more than 25 new jobs.
Maxol Southend will boast a Maxol MACE convenience store within the forecourt and will also see the introduction of Moreish in County Louth, Maxol’s new café/deli with a range of speciality sandwiches, hot and cold meals; freshly ground coffee and a range of teas. The Moreish deli, located within the Maxol MACE forecourt store, will include a contemporary seating area, state-of-the-art washrooms as well as complimentary WiFi.
Commenting on the planned new service station in Southend, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said,
“We have been seeking a prime location in Dundalk to add to our three existing Maxol branded stations for some time so when this opportunity at Southend presented itself, it was the perfect fit for our latest new forecourt concept.
“We’re delighted to be able to create more than 25 new jobs including shop sales assistants and deli sales positions. We are also looking for a licensee which is a great opportunity for someone who is keen to start their own business. Interested business people can find out more about becoming a Maxol’s licensee at "www.maxol.ie/opportunity”
Maxol’s new service station in Southend which is due to open in August will bring the number of Maxol stations in Ireland to 234. Over the last 18 months Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland which has resulted in the opening of 21 new service stations and the rollout out of its new forecourt image to over 150 stations.
For further information on job opportunities at the new Maxol service station in Southend visit www.maxol.ie .
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 232 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 18 Maxol service stations and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013 and 2014 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.