Mulhuddart is the company’s largest service station in almost 100 years
Leading forecourt convenience retailer, Maxol, has announced the opening dates for its largest ever service station development, on the N3 at Mulhuddart, as well as the opening of the new Maxol Donabate in North East Dublin.
Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services is scheduled to open on Thursday 31st March 2016 and Maxol Donabate will follow a week later on 7th April.
Both businesses combined will lead to the creation of 80 new jobs, in a welcome boost to the respective local areas. The new permanent positions include retail supervisors, shop sales assistants and deli sales positions.
The opening of Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services follows a massive €6 million investment on a huge 2.5 acre site. It will offer the latest in forecourt design, a fully equipped truck stop, parking for 80+ vehicles, full convenience offering and Moreish Café which includes the addition of a number of new premium Irish food franchises, extending the choice of food offerings for customers.
A week later will see the unveiling of the new-look Maxol Donabate, located in North East Dublin, following an extensive refurbishment and investment of €2 million. The development will offer Maxol’s latest two-storey building design and a particular focus on quality food service with the latest Maxol Mace convenience store and a brand new ‘Moreish’ fresh food café.
Commenting on this important milestone for Maxol, Brian Donaldson, Maxol’s Group General Manager and CEO in-waiting, said, “We are extremely proud to announce the opening dates of our new state-of-the-art facilities at Mulhuddart and Donabate, both of which represent a significant investment and achievement for Maxol. The creation of 80 new permanent jobs will be of huge benefit to the areas and overall economy. We are delighted to be working with our new independent retail partners, Donal and Liam Fitzpatrick at Mulhuddart and Gerard and Fergal Ralph at Donabate.
“Maxol is, and always has been, about the people – about our customers that come through the doors. Today, customers’ needs are constantly evolving to the point where a service station is no longer only about the provision of quality fuel or a convenience store, it is about the full forecourt service and choice of quality fresh food for all times of the day. The consumer has always been our focus and will remain so with our planned future openings and redevelopments.
“Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services will be a full destination site and our new franchises will greatly enhance our existing award winning offer. Donabate will have exceptional first class facilities and will be a comfortable and convenient destination for the local community, or for commuters looking to break up those longer journeys.”
The new service stations have both been developed by Weslin Construction, providing employment for an additional 100 people.
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 service stations, of which 104 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 20 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.