Huge Boost to Local Economy with Creation of 50 Jobs at Flagship Site
Leading forecourt convenience retailer, Maxol, has announced plans to open the company’s largest service station to date, on the N3 at Mulhuddart, located North West of Dublin City. This historic move will create the company’s biggest service station footprint in Ireland and will lead to the creation of 50 new jobs, in a welcome boost to the local economy.
Prominently located on the N3 primary route, the futuristic service station boasts 2.5 acres and will provide much needed services to the local community in the Blanchardstown area and commuters using one of Ireland’s busiest motorways. The development of the new flagship site represents a significant investment of over €4 million by Maxol.
Mulhuddart is the biggest development project embarked upon by Maxol since the company’s foundation in 1920, and will use leading technologies including the latest environmentially friendly and energy efficient equipment and design, in an effort to reduce the company’s carbon footprint.
As well as offering a typically comfortable and convenient destination for commuters or locals on the go, the development will feature Maxol’s latest building design offering a much brighter feel due to its abundance of glazing and open-plan arrangement with ample seating.
The multi-level building will also see the introduction of a number of new franchises to widen its choice of food offerings, which are expected to be announced in the coming months, as well as a brand new off-licence, while retaining the latest Maxol Mace convenience store, a brand new Moreish ‘Fresh Food’ café and large open-plan relaxation & Wi-Fi areas together with a children’s play area. In addition to an extremely spacious forecourt, the site will offer a separate truck fuelling facility and extra car and coach parking.
Commenting on this significant milestone, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said, “We are extremely proud to announce this significant advancement for Maxol and look forward to opening the doors at this state of the art Mulhuddart site in January 2016. The creation of 50 new permanent jobs including retail supervisors, shop sales assistants and deli sales positions will be of huge benefit to the area and overall economy.
“We have always strived to deliver the very best in quality fuel for our customers, and continue to do so through our ‘Fuels You Can Trust’ initiative. But changing consumer demands mean it is no longer only about the provision of quality fuel, it is about the full forecourt service and convenience offering. Maxol Mulhuddart will be a full destination site and we are in discussions with a number of potential partner franchises to further enhance this.
“We are also looking for an independent retailer to operate the new station under licence, which is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to operate a multi-million Euro business.”
The new service station is being developed by Weslin Construction.
For more information about becoming a Maxol licensee, visit www.maxol.ie/opportunity.
For further information on all job opportunities at the new Maxol service station in Mulhuddart, visit www.maxol.ie.
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 18 Maxol service stations and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- Over the last 18 months, Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland, which has resulted in the opening of 22 new service stations, and the rollout out of its new forecourt image to over 180 stations.
- Due to open its doors in January 2016, Maxol Mulhuddart will raise the number of Maxol stations in Ireland to 235.