The Maxol Group’s newest service station opened its doors last week at Dublin Road in Dundalk.
Customers were welcomed by Maxol staff to the vibrant convenience destination which showcases a brand new Maxol Mace store, Moreish café featuring the award-winning Moreish ‘Fresh Food At Maxol’ concept and a spacious forecourt.
Situated opposite the Dundalk Institute of Technology, this is the Group’s 5th new site opening in just 6 months, and 22nd in just two years, as part of its extensive investment and expansion plans in Ireland.
Commenting on the opening of the new service station, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said:
“We’re delighted to welcome our very first customers through the doors of Maxol, Dublin Road. The opening of this new convenience destination was designed, not only to meet the needs of motorists on the go, but for the community of Dundalk, as well as the growing demand from local students for a full comprehensive service offering.”
Local retailer Colin Fee commented at the opening:
“My family and I are truly proud to open the doors of Maxol Dublin Road and the initial reaction from the local community has been fantastic. Everyone is so supportive and we can’t wait to deliver the very best customer experience for everybody who walks through the door, whether they are making a quick stop or choose to take some time out at Moreish.”
Complementing the Moreish café, Maxol Dublin Road features a contemporary seating area, high spec washrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi within the Maxol Mace convenience store. A drive through ‘maxWash’ car wash and pay at pump facilities providing diesel 24 hours are also available.
Maxol’s new convenience destination at Dublin Road brings the number of Maxol stations in Ireland to 236. Over the last 24 months Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland which has resulted in the opening of 22 new service stations and the rollout out of its new forecourt image to over 200 stations.
For further information on the Maxol network, visit www.maxol.ie
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 236 convenience destinations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol has introduced its vibrant new image to over 200 service stations as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – ‘Fresh Food AT Maxol’ was launched in 2014 and is currently in 21 Maxol stores and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.
- In 2015, Maxol won the award Best Oil Company Initiative for its fresh food concept, Moreish, as part of the IF&CR Awards.