New-look Maxol Station in Donabate to create 25 Jobs
Revamped station tailored to meet needs of local community
Leading forecourt convenience retailer, Maxol, is redeveloping its site at Hearse Road, Donabate, located North East of Dublin City. This development represents an investment of €2 million by Maxol and will create 25 new full and part-time jobs in a welcome boost to the local economy.
The development will offer Maxol’s latest two-storey building design with a particular focus on quality food service and will be a comfortable and convenient destination for the local community, or for commuters looking to break up those longer journeys. The station will boast the latest Maxol Mace convenience store, a brand new Moreish ‘Fresh Food’ cafe, off licence, in-store toilets, spacious seating & WiFi areas along with state-of-the-art car wash facilities.
Over the last 18 months, Maxol has been investing heavily in Ireland as part of its expansion plans.
Commenting on this latest investment, Brian Donaldson, Group General Manager, The Maxol Group said, “We are investing to improve our customers’ experience based on their growing expectations and since 2012, we have given over 180 Maxol service stations a new look & makeover and constructed 23 new ones with more in the pipeline. Today’s consumers have unprecedented choice and we are positioning Maxol to meet their needs through the provision of exceptional facilities, standards, customer service and value for money on our forecourts, in our stores and in our Moreish cafes, where we want our customers to enjoy a choice of meal solutions for all times of the day, promoting low calorie and healthy options. By doing this we hope to continue our business growth and to develop long lasting relationships with our customers all across Ireland.
“In addition, the creation of 25 new full and part time jobs including retail supervisors, shop sales assistants and deli sales positions will be of significant benefit to the area. We are also looking for a licensee to operate the new station complex, which is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to start their own business.”
Weslin Construction has been appointed contractor and site works are due to commence shortly. The new service station is expected to open early 2016.
For further information on all job opportunities at the new Maxol service station in Donabate, visit www.maxol.ie.
Attached: Artist impression of future site
About The Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to all sectors of the Irish Market, through their Retail, Commercial, Home Heat and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of around €650m in 2013.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 235 service stations, of which 102 are company owned.
- Maxol is currently rolling out a vibrant new image as part of its expansion plans.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food by Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 18 Maxol service stations and growing.
- In 2012 Maxol was voted Retailer of the Year by UTV Business Eye Awards in Northern Ireland.
- In 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland by Corporate Reputations independent survey.