Pictured: Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services' licensee Donal Fitzpatrick, Kristina Orliuk, Dessie Aughey (from sponsor Air-Serv) and store manager Keith Doyle
Company wins big at Ireland’s Forecourt and Convenience Retailer Awards and Forecourt Trader Awards
Leading forecourt convenience retailer, Maxol, has won six prestigious accolades in just one day at two separate events: Ireland’s Forecourt and Convenience Retailer Awards 2016, which took place on Thursday 15th September at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Road and the Forecourt Trader Awards, which took place in London on the same evening.
The big successes for the company at Ireland’s Forecourt and Convenience Retailer Awards were the recently opened sites of Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services and Maxol Donabate in Dublin, both new additions for the Group for 2016 and already showing incredible success.
Maxol M3 Mulhuddart Services took home two top prizes being named both ‘Best Newcomer of the Year’ and ‘Overall Forecourt of the Year’.
Maxol Donabate was presented with the award for ‘Forecourt of the Year up to 1,100 Square Ft’.
Milestone Rathfriland Maxol Nisa in Co. Down was also a winner at the awards ceremony in Dublin, clinching the top spot in the ‘Best Food to Go’ category.
The winners at the Forecourt Trader Awards in London were Scarva Road, Banbridge who won ‘Best Food To Go’ for their Moreish fresh food offering and Maxol Spar Ballyclare, who won the title of ‘Best 4million litre Plus forecourt’ in Northern Ireland.
Commenting on these awards, Brian Donaldson, CEO, Maxol said:
“Receiving these top six industry awards is an absolute testament to the investment, innovation and hard work by everyone in Maxol and our retailers, North and South of the island, who have brought these sites to the highest of standards. It is so rewarding to be recognised by your peers and gives us real confidence in our latest designs and food concepts. These rewards are graciously received and it certainly is a time to celebrate.”
About the Maxol Group
- The Maxol Group was established in 1920 by William McMullan. The 4th generation of the family are Company Directors.
- Maxol makes a significant contribution to the economy on both sides of the border and markets a comprehensive range of oil and petroleum products to the Irish Market, through their Retail, Fuel Card and Lubricants divisions.
- The Maxol Group had an annual turnover of €640m in 2015.
- The company employs directly and indirectly more than 1,000 people across the island of Ireland.
- Maxol has been investing and expanding in recent years and currently has a network of 234 service stations, of which 111 are company owned.
- The new food brand Moreish – Fresh Food at Maxol was launched in 2014 and is currently in 31 Maxol service stations and growing. It won ‘Best Oil Company Initiative’ at Ireland’s Forecourt & Convenience Awards 2015.
- Maxol was voted the most reputable oil company in Ireland for four consecutive years between 2012 to 2015 by Corporate Reputations independent survey.